Cambridge Bicycle Safety is excited to host the October “Cycle to Shop Mass Ave” challenge. Today through Tuesday Nov 2, we want to see your photos of your bike trips to businesses along Mass Ave, between Memorial Drive and Alewife Brook Parkway. Let’s show Mass Ave businesses that bikes are used for shopping and errands. Prizes include fun gifts courtesy of Ward Maps, and $25-50 gift cards to local businesses. As they say, Bikes Mean Business!
To enter, either fill out this Google Form, or post to social media and tag Cambridge Bicycle Safety and use the hashtag #IBikeIBuyMassAve (Twitter: @CambBikeSafety, Facebook or Instagram: @CambridgeBikeSafety). If you are tagging us on social media, your post must be public, or we will not be able to see it. If your social media account is private, please use the Google Form to submit so we don’t miss your entry! If you have any issues, please email us, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will need:
- Name of the business, located on Mass Ave
- Photo of your bike with your purchase and/or in front of the business
- A sentence describing what you bought and/or why you visit this business by bike.
- Optional: We’d also like to estimate the amount of money cyclists spend at local businesses, so if you’re willing to provide an estimate of your spend that would be appreciated!
Each form submission or social media post will give you one (1) entry into a raffle.
Entries received by Oct 19, 11:59PM, will qualify for the first raffle, for the fun bike and MBTA gifts and $25 gift cards. All entries received by Nov 2, 11:59PM (including those submitted before Oct 19), will qualify for the final raffle for the $50 gift cards.
Categories and prizes for the raffle include:
- Mid and South Mass Ave (Harvard St to Memorial Drive, or Harvard Square to Memorial Drive)
- 1 set of “I Bike” Somerville, Cambridge, and Boston magnets, courtesy of Ward Maps
- $25 – Dumpling House
- $50 – Plough and Stars
- Lower Mass Ave (Somerville Ave to Harvard St, or Porter Square to Harvard Square)
- 1 pair of MBTA socks, courtesy of Ward Maps
- $25 – Honeycomb Creamery
- $50 – Cambridge Clogs
- North Mass ave (Alewife Brook Parkway to Somerville Ave, or northern Cambridge border to Porter Square)
- 1 MBTA map bandana, courtesy of Ward Maps
- $25 – Greek Corner
- $50 – Season to Taste
- Largest/heaviest/wackiest load by bike
- $50 – Tags Hardware
- Most businesses visited on Mass Ave
- $50 – Pemberton Farms
Good luck, and happy biking!
Big thank you to Ward Maps for donating some of the prizes for this challenge! Are you a local business owner who would like to donate a prize to this challenge? Please email us email@example.com!