Suggestions for talking points (Oct 2016):
- In light of the tragic deaths of Joe Lavins, Amanda Phillips, and Marcia Deihl, and countless crashes and injuries that occur every day, the city must act immediately to end the danger on our streets.
- People of all ages and abilities should be able to ride their bike safely to work, school, or for recreation.
- The City must take immediate action to implement a network of protected, separated bike lanes on city streets by next spring, with temporary protection and pilot projects going up by the end of 2016.
- Cambridge must commit to fully implementing its Bike Plan on an accelerated schedule, revisiting those road projects underway in which the design is contrary to the Bike Plan’s vision. In particular Huron Ave, Garden St and Pearl St should be reconsidered.
- The City has to make Vision Zero improvements to Porter Square, and implement additional improvements to Inman Square within the next month.