On June 4, 2018, the City Council voted to continue moving forward with the redesign of Inman Square, which will provide critical safety improvements for bicyclists, pedestrians, and drivers, as well as reliability enhancements for bus riders.
Our squares should be vibrant, people-centered spaces that support and foster local business and living. Maintaining the status quo which data and experience has shown is extremely dangerous and ineffective should not be acceptable. While not perfect, the redesign of Inman Square will be an essential step forward in creating a safe, protected bike network throughout the city.
Previous news on Inman Square:
- Cambridge Bicycle Safety Statement on the Proposed Inman Square Intersection Redesign, May 21, 2018
- Sign the Inman Square Coalition Letter, June 22, 2017
- May 2: Come out to create a new Inman Sq that’s safe for everyone, April 27, 2017
- Vote for Safe Streets this November 7!, September 29, 2017
- Tues Apr 25th: Cambridge St Protected Bike Lane Public Meeting, April 14, 2017